Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I should be working

But I'm obviously not. This will continue to be a trend in my graduate work in all likelihood and I am okay with that.

It has been a while since I have written in this space so I should do a bit of catching up. I am now living in Ann Arbor with my wonderful little pup Lolli. Overall, I feel like the Midwest has opened its arms wide and welcomed me home. The slower pace here, the little conversations at the grocery store with strangers, fits me in a way that I had forgotten.

I have enjoyed flipping through this blog and my older blog (http://mydivinityschooljourney.blogspot.com/) and reflecting on the past few years. I went from one graduate school to another, changed religious traditions, had my first "real job," and moved across the country. A lot has changed and I find myself thinking of that popular line - "Want to give God a good laugh, then tell him your plans."

For now, in this moment of quiet when I should be doing work, I am trying not to have plans and just enjoy the feeling of home in this big Michigan mitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment